Uw Roommate Agreement

As members of the University of Washington community, we will look out for each other by adhering to the health and safety laws, injunctions, regulations, regulations, and guidelines of the State of Washington and the University of Washington, including all necessary precautions outlined in this agreement. To request a roommate, you and your favorite roommate (applications must be reciprocal) must go to My UW Housing and fill out the following: In addition to a phone call, Facebook/Twitter/etc. can be a great way to learn more about your roommate. However, be prepared to take what you find online about other people with a grain of salt. If you come across things that worry you, ask your roommate questions! Online profiles shouldn`t be the only way to learn more about your roommate. Communication with your roommate is key! By signing your residency contract, you have entered into a legal agreement that provides that if your roommate violates a residency directive while you are in the room (e.g.B. Drinking minors), you have a responsibility co-responsible for the incident, even if you are not directly involved in the behavior (e.g. B alcohol consumption). The best option to deal with this scenario is to get out of the situation, look into the behavior, or report the incident to your certification body. While some roommates never argue and get along, most roommates will have a conflict from time to time. It`s in human nature! Instead of backing down, you will find out how you plan to deal with the situation.

Inform them, if necessary. your community advisor (CA); They are there for a specific reason and can help manage the situation. If, after talking with your roommate, you find that you are still not able to find a solution, your colleague can be a valuable and impartial third party to discuss concerns with both roommates. The House Fellow will use your roommate agreement as the basis for the conversation. Depending on the outcome of the interview, House Fellow may work with you and your roommate to review the original roommate agreement or refer both roommates to a Residence Life coordinator for further discussion. You and your roommate have had a great few months, then something happens in the room and you feel frustrated. It`s natural, it`s happened to all of us. Remember good communication? It`s time to use it.

Talk openly with your roommate about how you feel and look for a common solution. Last but not least, an AR can help you find ways to address your roommate`s concerns. RAs are available for help, but you need to ask for help. You can`t solve your problems for yourself, but they will provide support and understanding if you try to do it yourself. University Housing strongly encourages students to actively resolve issues and considers locker rooms as a last resort once all other options have failed. In certain incompatible situations, the director of the complex may find that a change of space is justified. In the event of a roommate conflict, students must complete the colocation agreement form and prove that they attempted to resolve the dispute in good faith. . . .